Benefits & Opportunities of Membership
Build your business and reach potential customers with SDTA
34 million visitors spend $9.2 billion dollars in San Diego each year. Expose these visitors to your business by joining the only official travel resource for the San Diego region.
How Does your Business Gain Exposure?
- Reach the Leisure Travelers Market: Reach over 8 million potential travelers each year through your profile on the SDTA website, participate in regional, national and international travel cooperative programs, be included in SDTA newsletters and press releases, and much more.
- Gain Exposure to Meetings and Group Market: Gain access and visibility to the lucrative group meeting market, in our Meeting Planners Guide, on websites designed specifically for meeting planners and other exclusive member opportunities.
- Enjoy Exclusive Member Benefits: Publish your own events, coupons and articles through MemberNet, showcase your business at Member networking receptions, take advantage of SDTA Member discount programs, and connect with SDTA's over 70 highly trained, professional staff members who are ready to help you attain your goals.
- Be in the know about meetings and conferences in San Diego. Exclusive to our members, the San Diego Meeting Calendar shows all of the group meetings that have been booked, including contact information for key planners. If you want your venue to be considered for the next group meeting, or you'd like to host the group while they're here, you can contact the planner directly to be considered on their itinerary.
- Tap into market intelligence with our Strategic Planning tools: Access industry data and reports, be in-the-know about the Destination Marketing Plan, and get up-to-date industry news through the Connect Blog.
- Network with other industry professionals in San Diego's hospitality and tourism business and open your business to collaborative opportunities that can drive your business forward.
Here's What Members Have To Say:
"The real value of [SDTA] is its role as an extended marketing arm for the USS Midway Museum. We couldn't possibly reach critical regional audiences without the cooperative and proactive strategies and tactics of [SDTA]. They enable us to stretch our advertising and promotional dollars in ways that otherwise would be impossible to accomplish. The San Diego [Tourism Authority] has been an indispensable part of the Museum's success from the very beginning." - Scott McGaugh, Marketing Director, USS Midway Museum
"The very first thing that I did when I started my tour company 5 years ago was to join the San Diego [Tourism Authority] and it turned out to be one of the best business decisions that I have ever made. [SDTA] has always been there for my business ever since." - Kenneth Lippman, President & CEO of Another Side Tours, Inc.
"Since getting my profile 100% set up and being consistent with posting and updating events in the last 30 days, I have received over 850 clicks directly from SanDiego.org which has actually outpaced Google. I have seen traffic on our San Diego page increase because what [SDTA] tells you is 100% true, it's just up to you to use the tools they provide to be successful!" - Kasey Learned, The Dinner Detective San Diego
"I always thought I was too small to join [SDTA], having only a 5 room Bed & Breakfast. I was so wrong! [SDTA] brings an amazing number of unique visitors to my web site each year, making it one the top 5 Traffic Sources listed on my Google Analytics" - Ann Callahan, Owner, Ann Callahan's Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast